Sunday, February 06, 2011

Steelers 24, Packers 19.

I'm The Rabbi, video editor of On The Sportslines and why the hell am I picking the Steelers to get their Stairway to Seven?

I honestly have no idea. When it was 2 weeks ago, I almost thought there was no way a Packers team, playing an indoor game, would be tamed by a defense that has had their lapses in the postseason.

Then I had a thought. Experience DOES count in this situation. This is not the same team that got there in 2008 BUT they have one major factor that's still around: the QB.

Ben Roethlisberger, owner of a 11-3 record this season, knows how to win this game. Unlike others, I believe the Steelers offense, and especially their running game can establish a little something against the Packers. Then they can turn it loose when they have to. I think Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders get big catches i big spots. They are a huge distraction to go to the more top guys (Ward, Miller, and Wallace).

More importantly, I think the pressure gets to Rodgers. I remember five years ago when Ben Roethlisberger got into the big game against Seattle, was favored, had an offense who put up ridiculous numbers throwing in the postseason...and he sucked. Had the worst QB rating to win a super bowl. Why are we so quick to assume Rodgers is gonna step up here? I can't compare it to Drew Brees making his first start last year because Brees was a QB for 10+ years in the league! Rodgers is only completing his 3rd season at the helm.

It seems like a hunch in a few ways, but I am going to go for it. The Steelers win the Super Bowl 24-19, Ben is the MVP when he throws a TD in the 4th quarter to Antonio Brown. The Steelers will further etch themselves are THE team in the NFL in Super Bowl XLV.

And if they don't, this post is getting deleted, so there! Just kidding.

No comments: