Thursday, February 03, 2011

MY SUPER BOWL PREDICTION
BY: Nisa Petrilli, Host
Bold

I’m still disappointed that I came oh so close to getting my preseason Super Bowl prediction correct for the second time. As some of you may remember I accurately predicted the Steelers/Seahawks Super Bowl matchup of the 2005 season. Well this year I picked Jets/Packers and that was the matchup I was hoping for, just so I could pull of that amazing feat and have bragging rights for years to come. But alas, it wasn’t meant to be. And now I sit bored to death at the prospect of watching the Steelers in the Super Bowl yet again.


That being said, I am both rooting for and predicting a Green Bay victory. I always did like an underdog, and I think Green Bay has a legit shot at bringing home the Lombardi Trophy. It’ll be a very close, exciting game. They’ll need to constantly pressure Ben Roethlisberger; if you give that man too much time he’ll wreck you. Look for Packers cornerback Sam Shields to make a key interception that changes the momentum in the game (he did have 2 picks in the NFC Championship game).


So without further ado, my prediction is 23-21 Green Bay on a last-second field goal. Aaron Rodgers will be the star of the final drive that sets up the Packers game-winning field goal. Rodgers has finally come of age, and he will be the game MVP. Enjoy the game everyone!




No comments: